Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just a usual day...

I'm not really a morning person.
So in the morning I like to sleep as long as possible. Which means that I sleep until the kids wake me up. Which is o.k. except that I have to get ready for work. What I usually do is get the kids all comfy on the couch with a blanket and the t.v. on and I go upstairs to get ready. Usually I get ready and come downstairs and they are still sitting the same spot that I left them in. Usually.

Well, last Wednesday was not usual.
I came downstairs and found this:
Elizabeth (I'm sure with some help from her brothers) had taken all of the ice cream sandwiches out of the freezer (and a few various things from the fridge). Luckily, only one ice cream sandwich had been opened...and it was kinda strange that Elizabeth was the only one covered in ice cream (guess she didn't feel like sharing this morning--works out good for me.)

How can you be mad at a cutie like this?!
The funniest thing was we went into the bathroom to wash her hands and when she saw herself in the mirror she said "oh...big mess!"

4 comments:

Andrea said...

That is hysterical!! And she looks so proud in that last photo, like "Look, I did it!" Are those Skinny Cows? I love Skinny Cows! We have them in our freezer too (in the garage...where the kids can't get them.) : )

eden said...

Hey, she was being responsible, she kept it at the kitchen table. If that was one of my kids I would have found it in the couch, bed, on the walls, and all over the bathroom where they had tried to hide the evidence be cleaning it up themselves... fun stuff.

ps- I got your message on Saturday night. We had been gone all day. Mike ran in the Ragnar Relay (from Prescott to Mesa...NUTS!) on Friday and Saturday. Thanks for thinking of us though. Sawyer would have loved that!

Unknown said...

She and the boys are too cute! Gotta love it. Can't wait to see you guys!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.