Monday, September 8, 2008

Joshua

Two quick stories about Joshua:

He seriously can tell the difference between his left and his right. Here's an example: I was putting his shoes on today and I had the left shoe in my hand and I said "this is for the left foot" and he picked up his left foot. (And it wasn't just a lucky guess, he has picked his left/right out before). It amazes me that he knows this, probably because I usually have to stop and think about it if someone tells me "it's on your left" And as an adult I still have to put my hands up, palms away, to see which hand makes a L to know that is my left. I guess I can thank Daddy for Joshua knowing this because he is always telling the kids directions with left and right and I used to just laugh and tell him that they don't understand that. Ok, I was wrong....

We have these big blue bins that we store their toys in and today I was down the hallway with Elizabeth and I heard a noise and Joshua starts fussing. I go into the living room and here is Joshua in the bin but it has fallen over. I said to Joshua "oh, where you trying to go *in* the bin?" He says "nooooo....." (as he is sitting inside of it). Sure Joshua, I believe you :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Genius! That boy is destined for Harvard. : )

And isn't he the one who had the least speech or started speaking the latest? (I might be mixing up kids.) I swear kids who speak later end up being the smartest ones! It's like they just want to observe the world for a while and then BAM! They blow you away with their smarts.

Stephanie said...

You are mixing up the kids. James started speaking last. But he is talking a lot now!