Monday, October 13, 2008




Yes, we are alive, despite the lack of blogging... I looked at my last blog entry and realized it was almost a month ago! Sorry. I know there are some of you that come every day looking, hoping, praying for some more stories from our house. Sorry to disappoint you. But alas, here is a new blog. Don't worry, I have a story coming, this whole blog won't just be about me not blogging until now :) heheeheheh

Well, where to begin? My job...yep, I still got it. The state is visiting our district this week so we've been making sure that all the EL paperwork is in place--like having all my lesson plans done with the correct amount of time for each category to fulfill the state's requirement. First part would just be to have lesson plans written out-oops! Of course doing that between trying to set up parent conferences that we have next week and finishing up grades that were due on Friday...it's been busy. I keep thinking that it will slow down, but there is always something new coming up. AND I'm supposed to TEACH the kids! When do I have anytime for that?! (seriously people, talk to a teacher, they'll know what I'm talking about)

Anyways, enough about my job, you are really here to hear about the kids!!!! They are still amazing!

Here's something new the kids have learned to say: "I missed you" It is so sweet when I get home from work and they say that. A little sad, but mostly sweet.

It's cute when they try to lie when it is SO obvious that they are lying. Here's an example. We were outside the other day and Joshua was eating dirt or something healthy like that. He had dirt all around his mouth. So I asked him, "Joshua, are you eating dirt?" To which he replies, "nooooo!" as even he is trying not to laugh because he knows darn well that he was eating dirt.

A couple weeks ago we took the kids to the Wildlife World Zoo. It was our first time going there. Everyone had a great time. It's different than the Phoenix Zoo (which for lack of a better way to describe it is more commercialized then the Wildlife World Zoo). The animals at the WWZ are much closer and easier to see. Which is usually a good thing-except the first animal we saw was a tiger that seriously only had two chain link fences between us. My first thought was "umm, is this safe?" ...kids, back up from the huge tiger pacing back and forth licking his lips please :) The kids LOVED the reptiles. Mommy tried not to shutter too much or make too many yucky faces at the snakes and lizards since the kids were way into them. The WWZ also has a petting zoo with very hungry goats that the kids wanted nothing to do with. The WWZ has a good sized playground that the kids also really liked (that was almost worth the drive just to play there) Then we took a train ride, kids under 3 are free and Daddy decided we better take advantage of anything free while the kids are still under 3! How long can they actually pass for being under 3?! At what point do the cashiers starting asking us "really? They are still 2?" I know once facial hair starts coming in on the boys, it's a little too late, but we might try to ride the under 3 train (literally) as long as we can. I think our tiny Elizabeth could probably pass longer than the boys...but we'll see...

Daddy turned 30 on the 15th of October! What an old man! His birthday surprise was that I flew his brother out for a long weekend. It was great to see him again and the kids loved hanging out with Uncle Patrick. And Daddy and Uncle Patrick had a good time catching up.

How's the au pair doing? Well, I will try to make this short (which most of you know is hard for me). After 1 week of being here she decided she missed her boyfriend too much and wanted to leave. Once it was official that she was leaving she had 2 more weeks with us and then was gone. We found a male au pair from Austria who should be coming on Nov. 7th. More details to follow....

That's all for now, I think. Not too many kids stories, but I will make up for that with some pictures!!!! :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank god your back to blogging. It's been too long and I was waiting for some new Gilli stories. Talk to you soon.

kathleen

eden said...

Steph you're killing me! Your posts are so funny, and yes I check almost everyday to see if there is something new! I love the cute pictures of the kids, it has not been very long since I've seen them, but they look older...

Unknown said...

you're gonna have a MANNY?!?!?! I'm so jealous. that's what I want when I have kids. LOL!!!