Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Even Dads can cry.

So, the other day I had a Dr. appointment so I was leaving the house later then normal. I was taking care of the kids so Stephanie could leave a little early to get a head start on work.

After breakfast we all started to play. Nothing special, just our normal playtime thing. Elizabeth asking Dad to "chase you" (her way of asking for me to chase her). Then of course James join in and I am running up and down the hall way, though the kitchen after them. They love it and so does Dad!

It was getting time for me to leave so I was telling them that Dad was going to be leaving for work. They all were giving me hugs and kisses, a couple rounds of that.

I then made it to he front door, when Joshua ran to the kitchen door way, he waved good bye and blew Dad a kiss.

As I walk to the car I was tearing up thinking how much I wanted to just go back inside and stay home all day. Oh, how I love those kids!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok....even that made me tear up. I love it!!! Your kids are too damn cute. Miss you all.

Andrea said...

Awww James! You are such a softie, I love it! The unconditional love a child has for his/her parent is the greatest gift, isn't it? This was such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing.