Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ok, give me the dirt

So I know what you are all thinking--what's with all the cutesy posts lately?! I'm reading this blog to find out how you guys deal with crazy triplet toddlers, I don't want to hear about the cute things they do and say! Tell me about the tantrums, the poop in the crib, the crying and whining for no good reason!!! The reason that we haven't been blogging about that is because none of that stuff happens at our house.

Yeah right! Did I have you going for a minute there? (Anyone that's been to the house in the last 6 months would know I'm lying!)

I guess I haven't been writing about that kind of stuff because I trying to only put good stuff out there-I want to place my order for good times (a la The Secret and Oprah). "One good life, please".
Hey--who's taking my order?! Can I talk to a manager?! I want my meal comped! (Jennifer G-that one was for you)

Ok, just kidding...I'm gone off on enough tangents now--I'll try to amuse you with a toddler triplet story. Here's a typical morning:

It's morning time and the kids all still have on their nighttime diapers. I've told them all to come to the bathroom so we can take off the diapers and put on their underwear. No one wants to come of course, so I have to pause the t.v. to get there attention (um, yeah, our kids love t.v.--oops!) Then I get to hear the cries "more t.v." "no potty" "more Dora"...

But since the darn t.v. is not on, they come down to the bathroom. That is when the chaos ensues. It goes something like this: child one can take off their pants by themselves, while the child three is standing on the step stool turning the lights and fan on and off, on and off
Mommy:"get down"
Child two starts crying because they can't get their pants down
Mommy: "come here, I'll help you" " I said get down! Leave the lights on!"
Child three gets down, but the lights are turned off. I turn the lights on while the first child is getting off of the little potty and is trying to dump their pee into the toilet, their sibling is standing right in the way still fussing because I have not been able to help them like I said I would.
The third child had moved back into the hallway.
Mommy: "come in here an go potty" I see a devilish grin. I get the pants off the second child while I help the first child dump their pee in the toilet. The second child is sitting down to go potty while the third child has come back into the bathroom to turn the light off again for us.
Child one: "nooo, turn lights on! too dark!"
Mommy: "I said leave the lights ON! Come over here!" I turn the lights on and quickly grab child 3 before they can run out again. The first child is trying to put underwear on by themselves and has both legs in one hole- "mommy, help!"
Third child is trying to take off their diaper- "it's stuck, it's stuck! help mommy"
First child is trying to wash their hands in the sink, second child is dumping pee, I help the third child take diaper off. I try to take pants all the way off of second child who stars freaking out. Mommy:"I have to take off your pants to be able to put on your underwear!" Child two does not really want to let me but I do it anyways because I know that is the only way the underwear will get on. "I'll put your pants back on after we put on your underwear".
Third child is going pee. Second child has underwear and pants on., moving toward sink to wash hands. First child takes over the job off turning the lights on and off. I'm content now sitting in the dark. I don't really care. I just want everyone to go pee and leave the bathroom with underwear and pants on! Third child finishes going pee.
Mommy: "Come hear so I can put on your underwear".
In toddler what I just said was " run, run as fast as you can! Mommy can't catch you-I'm the naked man!"
So the third child runs into the play room. Huummm-where should I go today-inside the playhouse? On top of the school bus? Sitting on the carpet? Into the living room? Sitting on the couch? Climbing over the couch? Or just run? I catch the third kid, and some how get underwear and pants on them. I sit down on the couch.
Phew, deep breath.
I look at the clock: " Is it time for me to go to work yet?"

Ahh--Good times, good times!

In that charming story, notice I didn't name the children. That's because every child has played every part in the story before.

I do want to mention that I no longer do that in the morning. The kids have gotten to the point where they just tell us if they have to go potty. I just take off their pants/diapers inthe living room and replace them with underwear right in front of ht t.v.-everyone that is except Joshua who doesn't really want to be bothered with underwear. He just wears diapers all day.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm exhausted just reading this. And I read it twice and I still can't follow it! I need a flow chart. : )