Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Looking back

So I was going through some old paperwork today and I found this consent form I had signed when I saw a fertility doctor. It was called "Clomiphene Citrate Informed Consent". A consent form I had to sign to take a drug called Clomid. Here is one of the reasons I had to sign it:

The Principle Risks of Clomiphene therapy include:

Multiple Births: Approximately 15% of the pregnancies obtained with Clomiphene have resulted in multiple births, with the large majority of these being twins. The chance of higher multiples (such as triplets or quadruplets) exists, though extremely small.

Well I just F*ed up his statistics!!
"It exists though extremely small"!!! Well, it's not that small!

I do remember the doctor telling me that I was his only patient that has taken clomid and ended up with triplets (Although FYI- the Triplet Connection Website I belong to has many, many women that have taken clomid and ended up with triplets, it was just *this* docotr that has not had that happen before).

But looking back, I'm glad I signed that form, took clomid, and F*ed up his statistics, because I have the most wonderful babies in the world!

1 comment:

James said...

I second your comments. I would not have my life any other way. For as crazy as our life is, I enjoy every minute of it.