Thursday, July 10, 2008

too much?!

I know that I don't feed my kids too much fast food, but every time we pass a McDonald's James starts saying "eat, eat!"

I know we don't watch too much t.v., but when the kids pick up a remote, they know to point it towards the t.v. and press buttons.

I also know we don't listen to the Wiggles CD too much, but Elizabeth can tell me what song is coming on next before it has started.

I know there are some parents that *never* give their kids fast food, or let them watch t.v. but I think that everything is ok in moderation.

James does say "eat, eat" when we pass a McDonald's, but I think he has started to say it when we pass any building. My kids just like to eat! Today for breakfast between the three of them, they had 4 waffles, 2 containers of yogurt, and milk. That is pretty typical. At McDonald's they can eat 10 pieces of chicken McNuggets, a cheeseburger, and a medium french fry. But who can't eat that? :) James and I often shake our heads and think if they eat this much *now* what's going to happen when they are teenagers? And he tells me about how much his brother and he used to eat and how his mom would say "you can't be hungry AGAIN!!!"

We do watch t.v., but only Judge Judy. Just kidding! They love Sesame Street, the Wiggles, and Barney. And I'll tell you what, my kids (in varying degrees) can sing the Alphabet song, can recognize letters and numbers, some days they can count to 10, some days even to 20 (well they pass a few teens), and they can identify colors. And I'm sure a lot of this has to do with Sesame Street. And the flashcards I make them practice 3 hours a day! :) joking, joking....

It is just interesting all the things the kids do now and how much they absorb from the world around them.

No comments: