Monday, July 14, 2008

triplets are interesting?

******WARNING! LONG POST AHEAD!!!******
Hello again....it's been a while....which brings me to the subject for today. The other day I was talking to my friend Jennifer (not Jenn or Jenny, but Jennifer) and she was giving me a hard time about not having posted anything in a while. I told her that nothing interesting was going on. And I feel like I should wait until something interesting happens before I bore you with lame stories on my blog. She said "but you have *triplets*!! Everything is interesting".

I told her how we took the kids to swimming lessons but had to skip a few days because we didn't have an extra person to go with us since we have to have one adult per child. She said, now that is interesting, going swimming with triplets (I don't know if it is interesting or she just doesn't get out much....heeheheh). I guess the things we do seem normal to us because we are used to living with triplets. And there are things that we deal with everyday that other people never had to think of--like having to have 3 adults to go to swimming lessons.

But I do want to tell you about how good the kids did these last couple of days of swimming "lessons" (I say "lessons" because these "lessons" done through the city are really just to get the kids more comfortable in the water and have them practice kicking and blowing bubbles. The first couple days I was kinda upset because I thought it was a waste of time, but when I really thought about what the purpose of this class for little ones aged 6 months-36 months was, then I was ok with it) Anyways, the kids really are more comfortable now. They were all getting---what's a nice way of saying dunked?---I don't know----they were all getting dunked under water...the teacher called it "underwater exploration" I called it getting dunked---they were all getting dunked under water but they were coming up with big smiles on their faces, everyone was holding their breaths, it was great! On the last day, Elizabeth was jumping in from the side to Jenn (our third adult that day--thanks Jenn!!!). And James was with Daddy. He was doing a lot of "underwater exploration" and was picking up toys from underwater. I was swimming with Joshua and he was laying on his stomach and kicking and I said can you kick *and* blow bubbles?! And he did. It was awesome. He was kicking so far (to retrieve a toy that I threw pretty far) that he blew so many bubbles and he ran out of air. So then he took a breath and kept blowing more bubbles!! It was pretty darn cool! I think one reason I am so excited about this is because this is coming from someone who still plugs her nose as she jumps in the water! :)
**********
I was interviewing for a part time job a few weeks ago and the interviewer asked me to tell about a time I had to multi-task. Hummm...let me think about that for a minute---Uh, how about everyday?!! Like today for example, I was reading Good Night Moon with Elizabeth, James was grunting next to me, and Joshua was climbing on the couch. So I looked over to help James with whatever he was fussing about at that time, while I kept "reading" Good Night Moon which I was really just reciting from memory after having read it a million times, and while I turned the page I told Joshua to be careful climbing. While I was doing that I was thinking "how's that for multi-tasking?!" I'm sure there is a million more times a day that I am multi tasking and I don't even realize it. And I'm sure every mom, one kid or three, multi-tasks throughout the day.

So I will try to post every few days, and I will post things that I might not think is interesting, but in hindsight it might be nice to have written down. And if the posts are not that interesting after all, then feel free to skim or skip as much as you want! :)

No comments: