Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Trip to California: Day 2-Disneyland


So we decided to take the kids to Disneyland. At first I thought it was a crazy idea, but after hours of research online, by telephone, and having a few friends come with us (thanks to Kathleen, Jenny, and the Gonzalez family!!!) I thought it might not be so bad.

We arrived at Disneyland at 7:30 a.m. and got in line to get in (the park opens at 8:00). Once it opened we went inside and rented strollers, then we headed straight to Fantasyland. Our first ride was Peter Pan. There were other people in line ahead of us, but we pretty much just walked right up to get on. I was so excited! It was so cool to be at Disneyland with my kids! I think James and I were more excited than the kids were! (mainly because they didn't know how much fun they were going to have!)

As we were waiting we told Joshua that we were going to ride on a boat. He started saying "no boat, no boat" and I was worried. I thought, ok great, here's our first ride and he is going to freak out. Well, Jenny, Joshua, and I got on the boat. Daddy and Elizabeth got on the second one, and Kathleen took James on the next one. As my boat is pulling away I can hear James starting to cry. There's two unhappy kids, I think. Well, as we go into the ride, I now remember from my hours of Internet research, that Peter Pan is an inside "dark" ride and that I really should have taken them on either an outside ride or a ride that is not so dark first...oops...well, too late now. So we make it through the ride an the first thing Joshua says to me is "more boat, more boat" :) Then Daddy and Elizabeth come out, looking happy and last is Kathleen and James, also looking happy. YEA! We all survived! Daddy and I decided that James probably started crying because he saw Mommy leave and then Daddy leave. But then once on the ride, he was ok.

On to the next rides: Dumbo, the carousel, the circus train, and the storybook canal boats. Fun, fun, fun, fun. After that we put the kids into the strollers and headed towards Tomorrowland. We went on Buzz Lightyear. We got a fast pass for Autotopia, had a snack, went to Toon Town, went back to Autotopia and rode it (had to wait a little for that one, even with the fastpass). I think I'm forgetting something here-I might have to edit this later if someone remembers what I forgot!

Then we had lunch. Elizabeth took a little nap in her stroller during lunch. After lunch we went on Winnie the Pooh; then to Mark Twain's Riverboat to try to have the boys take a cat nap. James fell asleep with Daddy--well, Daddy fell asleep too. Next we went on the Jungle Cruise.

After the cruise we had a YUMMY treat called Pineapple Whip. We sat and ate those and just as we were finishing them, some characters came up. So we took some pictures with the characters. Then we went on the train that goes around the park. Nap time for anyone? No, just Daddy :)Then we listened to the Main Street Band with Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.

We went into "The First 50 Years" exhibit which was nice and cool and we were waiting to see a movie that lasts 15 minutes. Nap time again, anyone? But as we were waiting for the movie, James started to have meltdown. We decided that we had all had enough for the day, and we should go home.

I think we got to see and do a lot, and the kids' behavior that day was AMAZING! Especially considering we had been out of the house since 7 a.m., it was now 3:00, and besides a short cat nap that Elizabeth and James had had, it was 3 and 1/2 hours past their nap time.

We had a great time and were very happy we decided to go. The kids had an early bedtime again and then Jennifer stayed home with them while they slept so that we could have some adult time at Disneyland. (Thanks Jennifer!!!) James and I went back with our friends Kathleen, Jenny, and her husband Corey. We got to go on Space Mountain (which I had not been on since they re-did it) It was so fast! I loved it!!! We went on the Matterhorn and after that ride I thought, damm, I'm too old for this! That ride seemed really bumpy! :( We also went on Pirates (which seemed really slow to me) and we got to see the fireworks. We were done by then-it had been a very busy day!

Looking forward to tomorrow-BBQ at Andrea's house!

1 comment:

James said...

We sooooo have to do that again. I had such a good time!!!! Seeing the kids faces and reactions to all the new thing, priceless.