Thursday, November 13, 2008

A tearjerker-don't say I didn't warn you!

So yesterday we took the kids to the library and one of the DVDs they wanted to check out was "The Muppet's: A Christmas Carol ". I thought it would be good because it was the Muppet's the the kid are all into Christmas (this year will be sooo fun!!!!). I didn't really pay attention to the fact that it was A Christmas Carol.
It was a little weird because some of the characters were rel people and some were Muppet's. Anyways, the kids and I were sitting all snuggly on the couch (Daddy and Leo, our au pair, were on a run) watching the movie. I was doing a lot of fast forwarding because I quickly realized it wasn' t really a movie for 2 1/2 year olds...I stopped at a part that had Kermit and Miss Piggy ("Froggy and Piggy" as they are now called) and they were the family that his Tiny Tim in it (Tiny Tim being a little Kermit)
ANYWAYS, they are all having a nice dinner, laughing and joking...then we fast forward to Scrooge and the Spirit of Christmas Not Yet.. and they visit the same house and we find Miss Piggy and the two little piggies crying, and Scrooge realizes that Tiny Time has died. HERE'S THE PART YOU ARE WAITING FOR: I look over at baby James and he has tears in his eyes. I ask him, "are you crying?" and I notice a line of tears running down his sweet little face.
"Yea," he says.
Oh, talk about breaking my little heart!

We watch more and the end has Scrooge going to Tiny Tim's House and bringing a big feast, everyone's happy and jolly. Tiny Tim delivers his famous last line, oh, happy ending! There's Baby James with tears in his eyes again. As soon as the movie ends, he's asking to see it again!

That boy, I tell you, he can be so sweet! And he obviously understands a lot.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

OMG that is *so* sweet!! And he is so young to be so empathetic! He will make a good husband some day. (Wait, don't think about that. That will make YOU cry!)