Sunday, November 9, 2008

You're cute

So let me preface this story by telling you that when my kids talk they don't understand pronouns and they just copy what other people say. For example, when Joshua wants me to carry him down the stairs after nap time he says "carry you" because i used to ask him if he wanted me to carry him , and I would say "do you want me to carry you?" And he would reply, "carry you".
Well, today we took the kids to the park and Elizabeth and I were playing together. A car drove by and she said "car, Grandma"
I said, "no, not Grandma".
She thought for a second and said "people".
"Right, people"
"No Grandma, people" and she laughed.
A minute later Daddy walked up and I was telling him the story. Elizabeth was close enough to overhear us talking about her and she was listening in. Daddy and I laughed at the cute story and looked over at her. Elizabeth said "you're cute". And of course she is talking about herself because it's something she's heard a thousand times before...
So cute :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

LOL! I love watching little kids learn the rules of grammar. It's hysterical!